Friday, June 26, 2009

Some time off

Hey everyone!

Again, sorry that it's been a week since I updated the blog-- I've been trying to stay on top of e-mails and this week I had to update the staff blog. Check that blog out at http://summerstaff09-harmons.blogspot.com/.

So two groups have come and gone and the summer is already starting to fly. I already wrote a lot of the details from this week on the other blog so check that one out so I don't have to repeat it all ;-).

We haven't had a group here since Tuesday so we've had a lot more down time than usual. I've spent that time hanging out with the staff, hanging out with the boy I'm mentoring, and spending more alone time with God. That's been something that's been tough when there is a group here. I feel like I'm always getting ready for the next devotional time and I have very little time to do my own personal study and reflection. This morning I spent some time worshipping while the rest of the staff went to town to buy some stuff. I got sunburnt at the beach yesterday so I opted to stay at the house. I'm trying to teach myself guitar and I actually led a worship song for a group last week-- Blessed Be Your Name (which if you know guitar is a very easy one with the only 4 chords i know right now; G D em and C).

Besides that I'm probably gonna hang out with my mento a bit tomorrow and spend most of the day cleaning the house to get ready for the next group. The whole staff is excited about getting a new group this Sunday because although we enjoy the time off, everything is a little more lively when a group is here. More Jamaicans tend to just hang out outside the house and they all come for the evening events that we do in the courtyard (like dance night, movie night, mens/womens night, talent shows, etc.)

Thanks to everyone for reading the blog and for your prayers. I really appreciate them!

Much love,

Adam "Chapel Hill" Salloum

PS- you can read about it in the other blog but my nickname down here has become Chapel Hill because when I was explaining where I go to school that's what I said and everyone was confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment