Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2nd group

Hey Everyone,

Sorry its been awhile-- last week I spent most of my internet time on e-mail. 30 minutes flies when you're trying to keep up with everyone you can.

The first group left Sunday and I think the week went really well. The kids were great to get to know, they worked hard, and they talked a lot in devotions (which is great for me because it meant that I got to talk less ;-)). I connected with a few of the kids and saw some transformations that I think will last in the long term. The tough things was saying goodbye to the team. I think going forward it's going to be difficult because each week it will become more real to me that the team is only here for a week. I'm afraid I might start not making as much of an effort to get to know the kids because of that reality. So I could use some prayer on that front.

It has been nice knowing that I'm going to be here for the whole summer so I'll get to cultivate relationships with Jamaicans in a way that I wasn't able to in my week-long trips here. Even though I do like little kids, I'm finding myself more drawn to the older youth and the young adults.

One other thing I could use prayer on is that I would love the groups that come down but that I wouldn't be too concerned about what they think of me-- I am a people pleaser at heart and I've definitely been struggling with wanting the kids to view me highly.

Well, I'm at 29 minutes (after writing a decently long e-mail to my mom-- I love ya!).

Good night and hopefully I can update this again soon!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment