Friday, June 19, 2009

I love washing machines

Hey everyone,

Just another quick update for ya. I have 6 more minutes-- ready, go!

Today I ran out of clean clothes and had to take the afternoon off to do laundry with Mike (one of the other summer staffers). We walked down the street to a shop at 12:30 to buy some Sud Soap and came back to the Harmony House to use the washing machine; that is, if you want to call my hands "washing machines." We had to scrub out all the dirt from our clothes (that has accumulated from the worksites) in one tub of soapy water, wring them out and transfer them to a tub of fabric softener, wring them out and rinse them in a tub of just water, wring them out and then put them up on the clothesline to dry. Lets just say that with 3 weeks worth of laundry when the dinner bell rang at 6pm we were still not quite done. I love washing machines.

Besides that the group has been awesome this week. They are an older group with a lot of college leaders and its been cool to connect with some of them. A lot of them go to Mizzou because the youth group is based in Columbia, MO. Tonight we had a really good devotion on basing our identity in Christ and not being satisfied with our talents and material posessions as things that define us. I think the group really connected with it.

Tonight I also realized that Jamaica is starting to feel more like home. Some of the Jamaicans are becoming more like close friends than just "buddies." I'm excited to see how the relationships continue to develop this summer.

I miss everyone and I hope you are doing well!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment