Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Quick turn-around

Hey Everyone,

Not much time to write today but let me give a quick update. This week is the first time we've had a "quick turn-around;" these will become the norm for the rest of the summer. We dropped off the last team at the airport Sunday morning, went to eat lunch, and then picked up the next team at the same airport in Montego Bay. It was kinda difficult saying goodbye to so many kids after a week and then immediately attempting to learn 51 new names on the bus ride back to Harmons. But this new group has been great, and I'm really enjoying getting to know them and hearing what they have to say in devotional times.

I'm trying to not do this too much, but I'm already starting to look forward to next week when my home church Carmel Baptist will be here. I'm pumped to be reunited with some old friends.

Besides that I'm just grinding away as usual-- spending a decent amount of time on the worksites building houses and foundations and hauling marl, hanging out with my mento, and getting to know the teams and other Jamaicans. It's a busy life but I love it here because it's so much simpler.

That's all for now,

Mucho amor,

AdamE

No comments:

Post a Comment