Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back in Harmons

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your prayers this past week, I have definitely felt God's presence in an amazing way. I flew back to Jamaica on Sunday just in time for the next team which arrived the same day. It's been a tough transition readjusting to life in Harmons but God has definitely sustained me through it (read more about that on the summer staff blog that I updated yesterday; summerstaff09-harmons.blogspot.com). I think the hardest thing about coming back has been reaching out to the new team. It's been a lot easier for me to hold back and spend more time alone (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). The best part about being back is seeing the summer staff again who gave me a royal welcome in the airport and seeing all of my Jamaican friends. It did my heart good to see my mento after such a long time.

This week has already been pretty awesome as I've gotten the chance to have some cool conversations with Americans as well as Jamaicans. It's funny how these conversations always seem to happen when I'm not trying to force them like I was earlier in the summer. Tonight I talked with one of the students about their life and he mentioned that his cousin was killed in a car accident at the age of 20. I know God brought him into my path for a reason and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better as the week goes on.

Today I tried to watch my mento play a soccer game but I ended up getting there late and I missed it. He has another game on Thursday so hopefully I'll be able to catch that one.

Tomorrow is infirmary day which I'm really excited about. I miss my friends Raphael, Myrtle and Geraldine. We've been having a great time hanging out this summer singing songs, reading scripture and just talking about life.

Sorry for such a scatter-brained post, that seems to be the condition I'm in right now.

Until next time,

AdamE

No comments:

Post a Comment