Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Last day in Harmons

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the prayers with the infected foot, it's all good now!

I can't believe that the summer journey is finally coming to an end. It has been a challenging, rewarding, and growing experience. I know that God called me to Harmons although there many times that I wondered whether it was so. It was nothing like what I expected-- I can't really put in to words how it was different but I know I could never have imagined it being like this.

This week has been a combination of saying goodbyes, cleaning up around the house, and debriefing with the staff to prepare mentally, emotionally and spiritually for going home. Tonight we served dinner to the 40-some Jamaican staff that we employ throughout the summer. From the house crews to the cleaning ladies to the cooks, they all piled in for a delicious meal and some great fellowship. It was really cool to see them all together but tonight was the first time I really realized that goodbyes were in order-- some of them I will not see again before I leave.

I know now that Harmons will never be an experience that I had that I learned from and moved on. Harmons is a part of me. The people here have had such in impact on my life that I can't imagine just continuing on with life. Harmons will, God willing, be a place that I keep returning to as often as possible. To serve those in need, yes; to spread Christ's love, yes; but also because I have friends here that I will never forget about.

We fly home Friday but it's not goodbye, it's see ya later.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support. I'd love to talk with anyone about my experiences, but have patience because words can explain only so much.

In Him,

AdamE

No comments:

Post a Comment